How to Make a Video Call (Go Service Level) Follow
A video call (virtual visit) allows the Care Team to see the patient, which can help with diagnosis and discussion of health issues. The request from the patient can be for urgent issues or non urgent issues.
- On the patient header, click the video icon to open the Respond to Call Request window.
- Click Video Call Now to start the video call with a patient.
The call request is sent to the patient. The patient's phone rings.
A browser window opens on your computer and a Zoom Meeting message appears.
If you have a pop-up blocker enabled, the window may not appear, which will prevent the call from connecting. For more information about disabling the pop-up blocker for your browser, see Browser Pop-up Blocker.
- Click Open Zoom Meetings.
- After the patient accepts the call, a new window appears.
Optional: To add another participant to the call, see Virtual Visits: How to Add a Participant to a Call.
The first time you launch a virtual visit, a pop-up window will appear. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled, the window may not appear, which will prevent the call from connecting. Once the message is accepted, it won’t appear again. If you are experiencing issues with calls connecting, check if the pop-up blocker for your browser is preventing a message from appearing. To enable pop-ups :
- Begin the Zoom call by clicking the video icon on the patient header.
- In the address bar, click Pop-up blocked .
- Select the option to Always allow pop-ups and redirects from Vivify and then click Done.
- Re-initiate the Zoom call by selecting the video icon on the patient header.
Edge does not have a Trusted Sites setting at this time.
- Click the More button. The More button is located in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced settings.
- Click View Advanced settings.
- Switch Block pop-ups to Off.