How do I use the True Metrix Glucose Meter? Follow
The glucose meter device measures and displays blood glucose (sugar) levels. The meter reads blood glucose levels from 20-600 mg/dL. If the test result is less than 20 mg/dL, Lo appears. If test result is greater than 600 mg/dL, Hi appears.
Record Your Vital
- With the meter off, insert the test strip into the device with the blocks facing up. The meter will turn on when the strip is inserted. Do not remove the test strip.
- With test strip still in the meter, touch the test strip to the top of the blood drop and allow the blood to be drawn into test strip. Remove the test strip from the blood drop immediately after the meter beeps and dashes appear across the display.
- Remove the test strip from the device. The device will turn off. Wait a few seconds.
- Press the circle button on the top of the meter to turn the meter back on.
- A number will display on the device, then you can turn your attention to the tablet. The device should wirelessly connect with the tablet and record your data automatically.
- Select OK to accept. Select YES to confirm.
If the device does not wirelessly connect and record your data automatically, select Manual Entry on the tablet. In the fields provided, record your data.
Why is the meter not turning on?
The meter turns on when a test strip is inserted into the test port or when the circle • button is pressed. The meter turns off when the test strip is removed from the meter, the circle • button is pressed, or after two minutes of not being used. Possible reasons for not turning on:
- The test strip was inserted upside down or backwards. Remove the test strip. Re-insert it correctly.
- The test strip was not fully inserted. Remove the test strip. Re-insert the test strip fully into meter.
- Dead or no battery. Replace the battery. Battery positive (+) side must face up.
Why is the reading not transmitting to the tablet?
The device is automatically paired with the tablet for your kit. If the reading is not transmitting to the tablet, move the device closer to the tablet. The meter and the tablet must be within 10 feet of each other. If the device continues to not transfer a reading to the tablet, contact Vivify Support or enter a manual reading.