The patient can’t take a weight reading Follow
There are two models of scales used in the kits. Both need to be on a flat firm surface to properly calculate weight.
White scale with blue button (A&D 321)
The Scale has a large blue button on the front of the device, near where the patient's feet are before starting read. This button turns the scale on.
- Once ready, have the patient tap the blue button.
The scale screen will turn on and dashes will appear then "0.0".
- Have the patient stand on the scale.
Dashes will show across the screen indicating the reading is being calculated.
- The reading will display on the device screen.
Note: It can take up to 30 seconds for reading to transfer from the device to the tablet.
If the scale is unable to get a reading or the readings are dramatically off, do the following:
- Confirm scale is on flat and firm surface (not carpet).
- Patient is resting entire weight on device and is not using a walker, cane, or railing.
- Scale is set to correct pounds setting on the slider.
Black scale (A&D 352 BLE)
- Have the patient stand on the device to start reading.
The device screen will show dashes across screen indicating that reading is being calculated.
- The reading will show on device.
Note: It can take up to 30 seconds for the reading to be sent and shown on the tablet.
If the scale shows any issues or an error appears, do the following:
- Confirm the tablet is on flat firm surface.
- Reseat batteries if old/previous readings are being shown on tablet.