How to Manage Logistics Messages Follow
You can use the messaging feature to communicate with the Logistics portal. Messages can be accessed from the top menu to the left of the Care Team member's name. If you don't have any current messages groups in which you are participating, the button will not be available.
Note: Logistics Messaging is an optional configuration that is used when Vivify is managing a Customer's kits. By default, the configuration for Logistics Messaging is inactive.
In this article
When shipping kits or managing kit pickups, you can communicate with the Logistics department through messaging. When you send a message, the Logistics team is alerted in the Logistics portal where they can respond to any questions or concerns. Responses to messages may not be immediate, but they will be alerted the next time they are logged into the application that they have a pending message. When you have a message pending in the Care Team Portal, you will see a red truck icon with the number of ship/pickup records with unread messages.
To send a message regarding kits:
- In the navigation panel, click Kit Logistics and then click Ship/Pickup.
The Ship/Pickup page appears.
- On the Ship/Pickup page, do either of the following
- In the row of the patient, click and then click Delivery History.
- Click the row of the patient for which you want to view delivery history.
The Delivery History and the Message History appears.
- In the Messages area, click Send Message.
The message window opens and is available for you to type a new message regarding the kit's shipping information or other important details.
- In the message window, type a message in the box and press Enter.
The message appears in the window with the date and time.
Note: You will be included in the message conversation until the kit shipping transaction is completed and the patient is no longer available on the Kit Ship/Pickup page. You cannot remove yourself from message groups.
The following criteria determines which participants will be added to a new message group:
- Any Care Team member who clicks the Mark As Read button in the Care Team Portal or any Care Team member who sends a message.
- All Care Team members assigned to that patient (if system setting Logistics Messaging Care Team Enabled is set to true).
- The Care Team member who assigned that kit to the patient (if system setting Logistics Messaging Ship Requester Enabled is set to true).
- All non-deleted Care Team members who have Receive Logistics Messages set to true on their profile and have access to the patient (they must have access to the hospital that the patient is assigned to).
You can view messages that were previously sent regarding a kit on the Ship/Pickup page. Messages are recorded in the Delivery History and you can use this information to reference previous conversations. If you have not participated in any message conversations, then this area will be blank. To read more information about sending messages, see How to Send Messages.
- In the navigation panel, click Kit Logistics, and then click Ship/Pickup.
The Kit Ship/Pickup page appears.
- Do either of the following:
- Click the name of the patient.
- In the row of the patient, click , and then click Delivery History.
The Delivery History and Messages appear under the patient.
Marking a message as read acknowledges that the Care Team has viewed the message. After marked, the truck icon and the message alert in the header will be removed. The message will remain the in the patient's message history, so it can be viewed in the future. The date and the user who marked a logistics message as read appears on the Ship/Pickup page.
To mark a message a read
- On the Ship/Pickup page, click the row of the patient.
- In the Messages section, click Acknowledge/Send Message.
The message window appears.
- Click Mark as Read.
To mark messages as read in a completed record
If you want to mark all messages as read for a closed Ship and Pickup record, you can use the Mark All Messages Read button. This button allows you to clear the truck icon from the record and add the read by stamp on any unread messages for closed ship/pickup records.
- On the Ship/Pickup page, in the search filters, select All Unread Messages and All.
All closed records appear in the list.
- In the row of the patient, click the details or the kit number.
The Delivery History and Messages appear.
- In the Messages section, click Mark All Messages Read. The truck icon is cleared from the record and the read by stamp is added to show who marked the messages as read and when.
On the Ship/Pickup page, the filter and sort options organize the records in the list. By default, all current records appear in the list.
Searching without a key will search try to match a Name (First or Last) that starts with the value, a Kit Number exactly, or a Patient Encounter ID exactly.
Search supports the = operator. For example, kit number = 100001.