How To Manage Patient Chart Notes Follow
To manage chart notes for a patient in the Care Team Portal, you can do the following:
In this article
- On the Patients page, click the right section of a Patient Header.
The Patient Chart page appears with the Notes tab selected by default.
- Click +Add Note.
The Add Quick Notes area appears.
- If you want to search for a quick note, begin typing text in the Search Quick Notes box. For our example, we type "Patient states...".
Note: As you type text, the program begins looking for similar text, highlighting the matching text you typed.
- If you find a quick note you want to use, click to add it.
The note appears in the Patient Note box.
- Click Save changes to add your patient note.
- If you do not find your desired note, click + Add Note. For our example, we type "Patient states he has low energy."
The Add Chart Notes dialog box appears, and you can edit the note before you save it.
- Revise the note or leave as is, and then click Ok.
- In the Patient Note panel, click Save changes.
Note: The most recent note is surrounded by a green border.
- On the Patient Notes page, in the Search Patient Notes box, type any identifying information.
- Click .
The results appear highlighted in the table.
On the Patient Notes page, click Sort.
The information in the list is sorted by date based on the up or down arrow.
|If the image is||Then|
|The information in the list is sorted in ascending order. This means that earlier values precede later ones, for example, 1/1/2016 will sort ahead of 1/1/2017.|
|The information in the list is sorted in descending order. This means that later values precede earlier ones, for example, 1/1/2017 will sort ahead of 1/1/2016.|
You can use the audit functionality to view information about the history of your chart notes.
On the Patient Notes page, click Audit.
Note: Additions are shown in green text. Deletions are shown in red text.