How To Manage Biometric Parameters Follow
As a care team member, you can change the biometric alert levels for a patient. The following images show the common parameter levels.
A patient can generate a weight alert based on a one day change or a change over a week. For the weekly gain or loss alert, the system reviews that past readings for the week in newest to oldest order. If the system finds that the patient has gained or loss the amount specified in the parameters, then an alert will be generated and no further days will be checked. For example, if the baseline is 150 and the weekly gain or loss amount is set to 4 pounds, then the following will apply:
- First check: 150 vs 149: No alert
- Second check: 150 vs 148: No alert
- Third check: 150 vs 147: No alert
- Fourth check: 150 vs 146: 4 lbs difference, generate an alert
The system will not check against 155, 154, or 153 because an alert was already generated.
For more information about blood pressure parameters,
As a Care Team member, to change a patient's biometric parameters:
- On the Patient page, click the patient whose biometric parameters you want to change.
The Patient Profile page appears.
- Click the Parameters tab.
The Patient Parameters page appears.
- Do either of the following:
- Click Expand All to view the parameters for all patient biometrics.
- Click a single biometric icon to view its parameters. For example, we click the Weight icon.
The Weight parameters appear.
- Hover over the box to display arrows. For our example, we click the down arrow to change the Min Weight parameter from 154.9 to 154 lbs.
- Click Save changes.
Note: Use the same procedure to change any other biometric parameters for a patient.