What does ERR mean on the blood pressure monitor? Follow
If "ERR CUF" displays on the blood pressure monitor, this indicates that the cuff is not worn correctly. It is either too tight or too loose.
- Review how to wear the cuff with the patient and advise them to watch the Help video.
If “ERR” displays on the blood pressure monitor device screen and 2048 on the tablet screen for pulse, this indicates that the BP monitor is unable to capture the pulse. It can be due to a variety of issues.
- Advise the patient to decline the reading.
- If the patient accepts the reading, then 2048 will be displayed in the portal. This reading needs to be rejected in the Care Team Portal as an error from the device.
Any other error
If any other error code displays, remove one battery from the device, tap the Start button, then place the battery back. This will reset the blood pressure monitor and the patient can try the reading again.
If the patient gets an error screen (will show on device as "ERR") confirm the below:
- Tubing is not kinked or bent.
- Confirm cuff is above elbow and not on forearm.
- Patient is in comfortable seated position.
- Have patient completely remove cuff from arm and retry.
- If issue persists, do a cuff swap first. If that does not fix issue, start the BP RMA process.