How to Assign the BYOD Service Level Follow
The bring your own device service level allows the patient to participate in the health monitoring program with their own personal device, such as a smart phone or tablet. When the service level is assigned, the patient will receive an invitation message on their device, so they can accept the privacy policies and begin their personalized program.
As a Care Team member, to assign a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) service level to a patient in the Care Team Portal:
- On the Patients page, click a patient.
- In the Patient Profile panel, click + Add Service Level. The Select Service Level window appears.
- In the Service Level list, click BYOD, and then click Next.
The Confirm Patient Information and Invitation Date window appears.
In the Phone box, type the patient's mobile phone number (unless it was added automatically).
- In the Birth Date box, type the patient's date of birth or use the calendar (unless it was added automatically).
Note: The Phone and Birth Date fields are automatically populated if these values are entered in the Patient Profile.
- In the Invitation Message Date list, click Today, Tomorrow, or Day After Tomorrow to indicate the day when the invitation message will be sent to the patient.
- In the Invitation Message Time list, click Morning, Afternoon, or Evening to indicate the time of day when the message will be sent.
- Click OK.
The BYOD service level appears in the Patient Header and in the first panel of the Patient Profile. The Direct Entry tab is also enabled.
The patient is added to the Invites page.
The patient receives a text message on their mobile phone, inviting them to select the link to sign up for and participate in BYOD monitoring. For more information, see Patient Experience – BYOD Service Level (DOB or PIN) .