How To Complete a Patient Follow
When a patient finishes their health monitoring program, the Care Team member can use this process to change them to a Completed status. Marking a patient as complete means that the patient has finished with monitoring and their kit will begin the process of being returned, if they have a kit assigned. Completed patients will still be visible in the Patient list, if you need to refer to their chart or biometric data at a later time. After you change a patient's status to complete, you can use the Status filter on the Patient list page to easily find the patient and other completed patients.
To complete a patient in the Care Team Portal:
- On the Patients page, in the menu, click Change Status.
The Monitoring Status Change dialog box appears.
- In the Status box, click Completed and then click Next.
Note: You can either keep the default reason or select a different reason for the monitoring status change.
- Since the service level is RPM, the Choose Unassign Option window appears, so you can choose how the kit will be retrieved from the patient. If the service level is IVR, BYOD, or CMP the Choose Unassign, Update Pick, and Confirm window will not appear.
If Kit Pickup Logistics is turned on in the Care Team Portal and a kit is assigned, verify the pickup address, date, and time are correct and click Next.
The Confirm window appears.
- Verify the address of the patient and the pick up date and time, then click OK.
- To verify the patient is in your Completed Patients list, click the Completed status filter option and Apply.
The completed patient appears.
- Click the patient name to open the Patient Record page. The Patient Header shows the date the patient completed the program and the number of days they were on the program.
To view the status change in the patient's profile history, click the Audit tab, and then click Profile History. The Status change, Service Level, and Kit information changes appear.