Occasionally a kit may be picked up from a patient that has some type of contamination (such as bed bugs, mold, etc). This article describes the process to take when this occurs, to ensure that the kit is sealed up properly prior to being sent back to reprocessing.
- When a kit is found to be contaminated, a special mailer bag first needs to be ordered so that the kit can be sealed up. Other materials, such as trash bags, do not tend to keep the kits completely sealed up and we want to ensure that the reprocessing facility is not contaminated once the kit is received.
- The bags can be ordered from the Vivify Store: Contamination Bags
- Vivify Support then needs to be notified (855 - 384 - 8439, email@example.com) so that we can email the care team a return shipping label and inform reprocessing to expect the kit.
- Once received, the kit is quarantined and cleaned.
- !! Please follow this process if there is ever any doubt or concern that a kit may be contaminated.