Patients may report that the tablet is "charging but not working". Most likely it was accidentally turned off or had become unplugged at some point. In this case, the patient will see a green icon on the screen indicating the battery life - but the tablet does not boot up.
To turn on the tablet
- Unpack the health kit.
- Place the tablet on the tablet stand.
- Plug the power adapter into a nearby outlet and insert the power cord into the tablet.
- Locate the power button, generally directly above the green dot on the tablet screen.
- When the charging screen displays on the tablet, press and hold down the power button firmly for 10 seconds until the screen lights up and "Samsung Galaxy" appears.
- If the above steps do not resolve, or if the tablet is completely non-responsive/not displaying anything, as a last resort step, refer to This Article
If the tablet doesn't turn on
- Ensure the tablet is charged at least 5%.
- Unplug the power cord from the tablet.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds then let go.
- Try again – press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
5. If the above steps do not resolve, or if the tablet is completely non-responsive/not displaying anything, as a last resort step, refer to This Article