There are two models of blood pressure devices; however, both work the same way. A Care Team member should have previously determined the correct size for the patient. If you believe sizing could be the issue, see Is the blood pressure cuff the wrong size?
- Have the patient find a place in their home where they can be seated with the device next to them. A chair with a side table is usually the best option.
- Have the patient put the cuff on their arm and pull up to above their elbow with the tubing pointing down toward their inner forearm.
- Have the patient tighten the cuff on their arm. The cuff should be tight enough to stay on their arm but loose enough to put two fingers between the cuff and arm. If this is not possible, call Vivify support to start a cuff swap process.
- Once all above steps have been taken, have the patient press the round Start button.
Note: It can take up to 30 seconds to transmit readings to the tablet after the reading has shown on the device its self.
Blood Pressure Errors
If 'ERR CUF' displays on the blood pressure monitor this indicates that the cuff is not worn correctly. It is either too tight or too loose. Please review how to wear the cuff with the patient and advise them to watch the Help video.
If any other error code displays, remove one battery from the device, tap the Start button, then place the battery back. This will reset the blood pressure monitor and the patient can try the reading again.
If the patient gets an error screen (will show on device as "ERR") confirm the below:
- Tubing is not kinked or bent.
- Confirm cuff is above elbow and not on forearm.
- Patient is in comfortable seated position.
- Have patient completely remove cuff from arm and retry.
- If issue persists, do a cuff swap first. If that does not fix issue, start BP RMA process.